Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Much Bandwidth is Enough?

We're well into the 21st century, we've become an information society. I can't believe the information that is literally at my finger tips at any time of the day or night. One of my passions is motorcycles. I'm starting a project to add a fairing to my Valkyrie motorcycle. I found an old piece of junk Batwing Harley fairing at a swap meet for a couple bucks and picked it up. In the old days, I would have had a very difficult time finding the other parts to mount it to my bike by using shoe leather and the telephone. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't be successful unless I got really lucky and found someone friendly and very knowledgeable to help. Today it took me less than 20 minutes to research that it was 70's era FLH Shovelhead fairing along with a parts breakdown of the mounting brackets required to mount it. Then a quick check of ebay revealed the project could be done. Wow! I have a 5 megabyte Verizon FiOS link to my house. T1 Pricing continues to drop every month where you get an ultra-reliable 1.5 megabyte guaranteed up and down stream broadband link that's monitored 24 hours a day. The next jump for commercial broadband service is direct Ethernet connections of 10 to 30 Gigabyte data rates at very competitive rates with T1 Reliability. As more and more applications use the worldwide data network, DSL Availability residential Internet services data rates of 50 Megabytes will become common in the next couple years. Can't wait to see the applications that be common for children! More news and information at SharpTelco.Com

No comments: